- Run the downloaded file “EasySMFSetup_n_n_n.exe”. Setup will check that the Microsoft .NET Framework Common Language Runtime is installed on your computer, then install EasySMF.
The .NET framework 3.5. was included with Windows 7 so will normally be already installed.
- If the .NET Framework is not already installed on your computer, Setup will download and install it for you.
Alternatively, you can install the Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 using Windows Update.
- The first time you run EasySMF you will be prompted to choose a location to store SMF data (the SMF data repository). You can create additional repositories later if you have different types of data that you want to keep separate.
EasySMF can be uninstalled using the standard Windows facilities.
Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a Program. Select EasySMF and click Uninstall.
Alternatively, select the Uninstall EasySMF option from the EasySMF Start Menu folder.
- Windows 7: Start-> All Programs -> EasySMF -> Uninstall EasySMF
- Windows 8: From the Start Page, search for Uninstall EasySMF