Process z/OS SMF data without SAS
EasySMF:JE is a Java API for z/OS SMF data. The API builds on the experience gained developing EasySMF for z/OS to create a powerful and easy to use API.
EasySMF:JE runs on z/OS and other platforms such as Linux and Windows, and is zIIP eligible on z/OS.
- Java classes map SMF record types.
- SMF record classes use a common pattern for reading record sections, which means that user code to process different record types will be very similar.
- SMF data is converted to standard Java data types. Dates and times are converted to java.time classes which means you do not have to deal with the many different time units found in SMF. Different classes for LocalDateTime, ZonedDateTime, Duration etc. mean that many date and time processing errors can be detected at compile time.
- Java Time provides simple functions for most date and time calculations, so you can easily determine things like the day of the week. It also provides time zone calculations, so you can e.g. apply a time zone to the times from the SMF records and match times between systems in different time zones. Java time can apply the rules to account for daylight savings changes etc. when translating between time zones.
Sample reports are available on Github:
Compiled samples are available here:
30 Day Trial
A free 30 day trial is available. Use the following links to download the trial:
- EasySMF:JE - TSO TRANSMIT Format
Transfer this file to the mainframe into a FB 80 dataset, run TSO RECEIVE and edit and and run the #INSTALL job.
- EasySMF:JE - Zip format
For installation on other platforms.
- Download the Installation and Users Guide
Enter your email address to receive a 30 day temporary key:
Contact email@example.com for more information