The latest release of EasySMF has 2 significant new features:
1) Data from all tabular reports can be sent directly to Excel 2007 or later, up to Excel’s limit of just over a million rows.
2) New reports have been added with ALL fields from ALL sections from type 30 and type 70 records (with more record types to follow).
Together, these features allow you to use Excel to create your own customized reports.
* Each section report includes data from other sections for identification, e.g. all the type 30 section reports include the Identification Section, Accounting Information etc. from the record. This means that you can send the data to Excel and do group-by, pivot table reports etc.
* Date and time based fields e.g. STCK, hundredths of a second etc. are converted to multiple formats. Time fields are reported as formatted times for readability, in seconds for convenient calculation and the original value from the record. Date fields have the original value plus a formatted date field.
* Each field is set up as a Named Range in Excel so you can use formulas like =SUM(Sheet1!SMF30SRV) in reports, macros etc. Named ranges are also set up for All_Data and All_Data_With_Headings.
Tips for working with these reports:
These reports typically contain many columns. Here are some tips to help manage them:
* Right click on the column header and select Show/Hide Columns to add or remove columns
* Select Edit->Columns->Hide All Columns from the menu to hide all and then use Show/Hide Columns to pick the columns you want.
* Or, select Edit->Columns->Show All Columns and use Show/Hide Columns to unselect the ones you don’t want.
* Drag the column header to change the order of the columns.
* Right click the column header and select “Pinned” to keep the column visible as you scroll left and right.