EasySMF:JE version 2.2.1 added support for DCOLLECT records.
DCOLLECT reports using Java are fast and powerful. Programs can run on z/OS on zIIP processors, or DCOLLECT data can be downloaded to another platform for reporting.
Sample reports are provided for several different scenarios:
- Space by SMS storage group and volume
- Space by high level qualifier, on primary volumes and HSM ML1 and ML2
- Space by time since last reference (7 days, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years)
- Aged datasets – datasets on primary volumes with a last reference data older than a cutoff e.g. 5 years
- Datasets by migration date (7 days, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years)
- Frequently migrated datasets – datasets that are being migrated and recalled frequently
- zEDC compression statistics by high level qualifier
Samples are also provided to compare 2 different DCOLLECT runs and find what changed:
- Change in space by storage group
- Change in space by the top 50 high level qualifiers
- Change in space for selected dataset names
Convert DCOLLECT Records to JSON format
DCOLLECT records can also be converted to JSON format, for use with Splunk, Excel or other JSON reporting tools.
See the Samples
Sample code is available on Github:
30 Day Trial
Get a 30 Day Trial, or request further information: