In this issue:
- New report: Service Class Overview
- Improved WLM reporting
- Copy and paste to other applications
- Request for data: z/OS 1.13 Type 72
- Report Spotlight: Service Class Overview
The latest release of EasySMF has 2 significant new features:
1) Data from all tabular reports can be sent directly to Excel 2007 or later, up to Excel’s limit of just over a million rows.
2) New reports have been added with ALL fields from ALL sections from type 30 and type 70 records (with more record types to follow).
Together, these features allow you to use Excel to create your own customized reports.
The Workload Manager – Service Class Detail report has several charts which show information about a particular service class. It shows:
One of the difficulties managing Workload Manager is that the various measurements are interdependent – it is difficult to draw any conclusions from performance index, velocity etc. in isolation.
EasySMF is a new program to allow you to view z/OS SMF data on a PC. It is a standalone program – no additional software is required to process the SMF data. Reports are interactive, so you can click to sort and drill through reports, and drag to zoom in on time periods in charts.
Suite 10b, 28 University Drive, Mt Helen, VIC 3350, Australia
PO Box 2214, Bakery Hill, VIC 3354, Australia
+61 3 5331 8201
+1 (310) 634 9882